Lara's Blog

Friday 3 November 2006

i'm an idiot

Tony smsed me in the middle of the night last night so when i woke up this morning i reread it. Simple enquiry - what time do i land in singapore? so i actually checked my ticket and guess what? my flight is TONIGHT!!!!!!!! i thought i departed heathrow at 10pm FRIDAY night, not THURSDAY!!!! i was still down south in Dorset this morning! The plan originally was to go with Sherry to Poole/Bournemouth for her lecture, i would wander around the south English seaside then at lunch time collect my bag and catch the train back north to London. So instead Sherry dropped me at Poole station after 9am and i caught the train back to London. I arrived about 1230pm giving me about 5 hrs before i have to leave again to get my plane tonight. Just enough time to buy a case of beer for chris (who i was meant to take out to dinner tonight as thanks!!), repack EVERYTHING and check my email. i'm an idiot.

Anyway yesterday Sherry took me to Stonehenge. It was FREEEEEEZING. i think it was about 3 degrees when we got in the car!! Great to see though. Next we headed to Salisbury and i saw Salisbury cathedral. I went into the Cathedral too, but of course no photography inside. Very impressive and a cute little town too. A couple of hours was spent there, next stop Dorchester. Here i went to the Tutankhamun museum. It was pretty good, although it is full of replicas because the originals are too delicate to transport out of Egypt, or even display at all in some cases.

The Dorset area is typical English countryside with sheep, cows, free range pigs, green fields, hedges, deer, rabbits, thatched roof buildings, tiny stone cottages lining streets barely wide for two cars to pass etc. It was great to visit and get out of London.

Overnight last night there was a frost and this morning all the plants, fields and houses (and cars!) were covered in ice. It was beautiful. Sherry thinks the cold is great! i could do with out it... my ears like to be pain free.

Here is another pic of Sherry's house, with the bell tower:

So i h
ad great plans for tonight, i was going to take Chris out for dinner, then have a few beers with Tracy his exhousemate and maybe Nick fromtour. Then sleep in, leisurely pack tomorrow and head off! As it turns out i now wont see chris before i go because he's working til 7 tonight. Nor will i see anyone else except Linnea (another of his housemates) who is home today.

So to revise.... I'm off to Singapore tonight (not ready for the 13 hours flight!), leaving singapre sunday night and arriving in Sydney mon morn.... are you ready for my return?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home